Jillian Michaels Workouts in the New Year

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jillian Michaels DVDs

Two months ago I invested in a collection of Jillian Michaels DVDs from eBay for $20 (isn't eBay grand?). I now have a large enough collection to do all of the JM mashups/rotations in existence.

Why do I wear horse blinders that only allow me to see Jillian Michaels workouts? Because they work for me. They may not work for you, but for this formerly out-of-shape lady, it worked. 7 months later I weigh less, I'm toned, I have better balance (thanks, one-legged squats!), and I am now swinging 8lb dumbbells around instead of cans of chili. I've also gotten tendonitis in my left shoulder from Ripped in 30 Week 3, and have been taking daily 2 mile walks (and the 30 Day Abs Challenge) instead of doing JM for the past month. So I'm itching to get back into the game. Or the non-game. The DVD.

It's interesting from a motivation standpoint, because when I first set out to get fit, I had all kinds of motivation problems. Nowadays I either look forward to my workout, or I just view it like a mild nuisance that must be done...like brushing or flossing your teeth. Most people don't look forward to brushing their teeth, but we all just suck it up and do it anyways. It doesn't take that long, nor that much effort, for the copious benefits it provides. Exercise is kinda the same thing. We always have choices to get off our duffs and get going. "Lack of motivation" is just an excuse so we don't have to make the more annoying choice.

So, as usual, I don't have any New Year's Resolutions. Except, maybe, to keep doing what I'm doing. Behavior change can come any time of the year, I just need to continue making the annoying choice.

Other Resources

1 comments:

missris said...

So do you do it every day? JM workouts are no joke--she's intense!