Semi-Success: Pickled Garlic Scapes

Friday, July 18, 2014

Pickled Garlic Scapes

In mid-June when garlic scapes hit the Farmer's Market, I purchased 1.5 pounds worth and set out to make Pickled Garlic Scapes from 'Food in Jars'. It turns out that I bought approximately one pint more than I needed, but I've got the jars, so whatever.

2 pounds of Garlic Scapes
Pickled Garlic Scapes

[Edit 12/20/14: These pickled garlic scapes are good, but not as good as dilly beans. I'd try a garlic dill brine next year, but scapes are more expensive than green beans and it just doesn't seem worth it.]

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So I had no idea Garlic Scapes existed. Or I guess I knew garlic must have tops like green onions, I just didn't realize they were a thing with a name and people ate them.

Have you eaten any of them yet? what do you eat them with?