Success: Corn Salsa

Friday, July 25, 2014

Roasted Corn Salsa

Lately, I put corn salsa on everything. Veggies. Salads. Sandwiches. Omelettes. Burritos. The Roasted Corn Salsa from Food in Jars is a jack-of-all-trades.

My beginning canning efforts failed to understand that you should probably have enough brine to cover all the vegetables, and if you don't you should add more apple cider vinegar. You should probably also tap the jars on the counter before topping to expel some of the air bubbles and twirl a chopstick in there for the same effect. But this is life, and we stored the salsa in the fridge and consumed it in 2 weeks. No harm, no foul.

[Edit: It has come to my attention that so long as the airtight seal is good, the food inside is probably alright. When vegetables float above the brine, they're alright, just prone to discoloration.]

I put corn salsa on everything. Veggies. Salads. Sandwiches. Omelettes. Burritos.
Roasted Corn Salsa

[Edit: Whatever issues I thought I had with the canning process were just beginner's nerves. This salsa is clearly quite good, but I can't imagine ever needing more than one batch, unless I plan on attending a lot of parties.]

0 comments: